Thursday, March 13, 2008

To Market, To Market


The Sammamish Farmer's market logo winner has been announced. Janelle Shuey of Sammamish created the winning entry. The brand new Sammamish Farmers market will have it's grand opening Wednesday, May 21st, 2008 from 4-8 pm.
I am very excited! I envision riding my bike with my kid trailer in tow and coasting back down the hill with my son in the trailer surrounded by fresh heirloom tomatoes, sugar snap peas and oodles of fruit. He will likely finish the blueberries off before we are half way home.

The market will be held in the Sammamish Commons at City Hall every Wednesday until October 1, 2008. I am thrilled they picked a Wednesday--I never seem to get to Issaquah or Redmond for the Saturday markets. It's nice they have the hours in the afternoon and evening. This will likely be a new social event for Sammamish. Can someone say "Beer Garden" with childcare?

No comments: