Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update on Comcast Dilemma

Here's an update to my Comcast Number Change dilemma. I called back last week and the 968 exchange opened up. There were lots of good numbers from which to choose! I picked one with lots of even numbers and even a double-zero.

The Comcast guy came on Sunday afternoon to switch us over. I'm not sure how competent he was. He unplugged my wireless network and just plugged the computer directly into the cable modem. Sure, it worked, but when he left, not only did I have to rewire it, but needed to reset both modems. That MCSE from 1999 sure comes in handy sometimes.

While he did take out a big bag of trash, he also left lots of sharp bits of coax cable endings all over the place--in our office, outside. Luckily, I found these before they ended up in the two year old's mouth..or eyes.

We decided to cut out HBO and Starz to trim a few dollars off that monthly bill, so this was the day it was turned off. I made the request on Friday, but we still had it Friday and Saturday night. I felt like I was dining on my last supper as I tried to watch as much HBO and Starz as I could--while it lasted.

Anyway, so far, so good. Except that, duh, when you reset the modem, the phone goes dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.